Review | Althea Korea Bare Essentials

April 27, 2018

Heloo berries!
When we talk about skincare, the first things cames in our mind is we need to use lots of products such as cleanser, face scrub, toner, lotion, different types of essences for specific skin concerns, eye serum, and moisturizer. Well, that's really a lot!
Have you ever thought that all these steps can be reduced to just 3 products?

Introducing Althea Korea latest skincare range- Bare Essentials!
It has only three products which are contour cleanser, primer toner and fixer cream and it claims to simplifies our usual skincare routine to just 3 step for best results with minimum care, I guess this is going to be lazy people besties. This new range skincare is suitable for all skin types.

The packaging of the products doesn't really show the full ingredients, even it has but is all in Korean. I have to search it on their official website but don't worry I will included it in this post so you can refer to it :)

What I like about the packaging is the design is simple, minimal but quite straight forward to let people to know what's the products about. I find it interesting and curious as the products name has caught my attention.

Is the products combine with makeup? or it's just to make the name sounds more special and unique?

Well, everything will be reveal after tried all of it.
I have tried all three products for more than 3 weeks and I'm going to share my final thoughts about this skincare range, so let's started!

Contour Cleanser - 150g (RM23)
The first thing in my mind is "How can cleanser contour my face?" HAHA! After I read the ingredients of this contour cleanser, it actually contains ice plant to sooth and lemon murtle extracts, which is help to detox & improve blood circulation of your face.

Full ingredients list:
Glycerin,Water,Myristic Acid,Stearic Acid,Potassium Hydroxide,Palmitic Acid,Lauric Acid,PEG-32,Glyceryl Stearate,PEG-100 Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine,Glyceryl Stearate SE,Microcrystalline Cellulose,Zea Mays (Corn) Starch,Lactose,Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Polyquaternium-67,Sodium Chloride,Disodium EDTA,Menthol,Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyquaternium-7,Fructooligosaccharides,Saccharide Hydrolysate,Pullulan,1,2-Hexanediol,Tocopheryl Acetate, Mesembryanthemum Crystallinum Extract,Sodium Benzoate,Sodium Acetate,Butylene Glycol, Lippia Citriodora Leaf Extract,Ethylhexylglycerin,Fragrance

The cleanser also has the micro capsules that will gently exfoliate your face without feeling harsh. It is suitable for people who is super lazy to clean & exfoliate their face as the product already have 2-in-1 function. However, I would not suggest to use for remove makeup as it doesn't cleans away the makeup completely especially waterproof makeup.

It will become a thick foam after mixing with water. Some cleanser might makes your skin tightens because it has actually removed the oil & this will cause your skin dehydrated. However, this cleanser works great for normal cleansing as I can feel my skin is refreshing after wash off, also really gentle for my skin. The scent of cleanser is also very calming and not overpowering. I would definitely repurchase again!

Follow by the next step is toner. When I saw this product, I was very confusing for its function as I'm not sure whether it is for makeup or skincare. After I read all the details, it is called as Primer Water because it helps to hydrates and smooth your skin, makes your skin flawless, it just work exactly like a primer. This product help to skip the primer step as the function was conbined with toner, save time and save steps haha!

Primer Water contains two main ingredients which are Snow lotus (helps in smoothens and brightens the skin while evening out its texture) and Patented "dewdrop" formulation (revitalizes the skin and provides immediate, effective moisture).

Full Ingredients List:
Water,Propanediol,Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone,Alcohol,1,2-Hexanediol,Salvia Hispanica Seed Extract,Centella Asiatica Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract,Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer,Tromethamine,Betaine,Fructooligosaccharides, Saccharide Hydrolysate,Xanthan Gum,Ethylhexylglycerin,Pullulan,Butylene Glycol,Dipropylene Glycol,Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Saussurea Involucrata Extract,Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract,Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Origanum Vulgare Extract,Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract,Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Sclerotium Gum,Agar,Polysorbate 20,PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Fragrance

I find out Alcohol is one of the ingredients for Primer Water, and I personally don't mind about it but I have read some researchs says that alcohol can potentially be more aggravating to acne-prone skin types, and they are usually combined with exfoliating ingredients like glycol acid or AHAs, which is not so suitable for sensitive skin. So if you have sensitive skin, make sure to check the ingredients before getting a toner although when they mentioned that it is suitable for all skin types.

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying that alcohol-based toner is a totally bad product, just that for people who have acne and sensitive skin need to be extra careful as they might facing skin concerns such as break out & skin irritation.)

The liquid has no colour at all & the texture is quite watery and thick. The scent reminds me of Althea Petal Powder as it has a mild floral scent.

As it has a thick texture, so I usually will just pour it on my hand and straight away apply on my face. You can also use cotton pad too if you want.

Surprisingly, it doesn't leave any sticky feeling although the texture is thick. I can feel my skin is much more smoother and brighter than before. It also absorbs pretty fast into skin too. It's best to use before apply foundation so that your base makeup can last longer. As it does not cause my skin break out, so I will still continue to use it.

Fixer Cream- 50g (RM50)
If you watched my previous IG stories, I was facing a trouble for opening the lid. I tried to open but it is super tight even I asked my parents for help also couldn't make it. Luckily, I manage to open the lid with using the rubber band where I found inside my drawer. I find out I'm not the only one who faced this problem too! Hopefully this can be solved for the next batch of this product.

This product contains Trehalose (retains moisture), Wild Green Tea (Hydrating, soothing and antioxidants), & Baobab Tree Extract (helps promote collagen production). It gives your skin 24-hour hydration and claims non-sticky once it's completely absorbed.

Full Ingredients List:
Water,Glycerin,Methylpropanediol,Dimethicone,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin),Cyclopentasiloxane,Glyceryl Stearate, 1,2-Hexanediol,Cetearyl Alcohol,Polysorbate 60,PEG-100 Stearate,Cyclohexasiloxane,Salvia Hispanica Seed Extract,Centella Asiatica Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract,Carbomer,Tromethamine,Polyacrylate-13,Fructooligosaccharides, Saccharide Hydrolysate,Polyisobutene,Propanediol,Ethylhexylglycerin,Pullulan,Disodium EDTA,Polysorbate 20,Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Isostearate,Trehalose,Sodium Hyaluronate,Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract,Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract,Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract,Adansonia Digitata Seed Extract,Fragrance

The texture is quite thick and creamy. This cream also very easy to spread into your skin.

If you're worry that the product might difficult absorb into skin, you can just take a pea amount and apply evenly and gently pat in your skin until it is completely absorbed.

After using it, I can feel my skin is not as dry as before. Even my base makeup is more long lasting too! The cream is really lightweight so you need not worry that the product will stain on your pillow.

Overall, I think that Althea Bare Essentials is a great skincare range. I would highly recommended  to person who just started to learn to do skincare as their skincare routine can be done by just 3 steps, and the price is really affordable too! Good products with cheaper price, why not?

Oh ya I also have a good news wanna to share!
Now you can get 10% OFF + a complimentary Althea's beauty mirror (while stock last) with purchase Althea Bare Essentials in full set, super worth right?

You can just click the link below to check out the products!
Althea Bare Essentials 

Thanks again to Althea Korea for sending me the products to test out! That's all about my thoughts on Althea Bare Essentials skincare. I hope my review is helpful for you to choose the products that is suitable to your skin!

Thanks for reading & love ya!



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. OMG..you needed to use the rubberband? damn...means i got lucky or i am just strong at opening bottles..hahahhaha great review dear!

    ReplyDelete