Review | 50Gram x Swanicoco Show The Velvet Lipstick #Juliet Red

October 16, 2018

 Hi everyone! Here comes another lipstick review!
This time I will be reviewing a lip product from Swanicoco!

Thanks to 50Gram, I get to try out Swanicoco's Show The Velvet Lipstick which is only available on their website and most importantly, it's LIMITED EDITION!😱 Guess what? 50Gram is the first Malaysia online florist to sell Swanicoco's Nature Bio Cosmetic, which means you can only get this lipstick from them only. Before we jump into the topic, let me do a simple introduction about 50Gram and Swanicoco.

50Gram is an online bouquet shop and they're Malaysia’s first that came out with Video Bouquet, which is great and creative for people who want to surprise their loved one with something different with reasonable price. Besides of bouquet, they also selling plushies from Jelly Cat, juices, cakes, and now they collaborated with Swanicoco!

For your information, Swanicoco is a natural skincare brand from Korea that prides itself for its patented raw component and nano-fermented formulations. This brand was started off by creating naturally fermented soaps. They carefully choose the best medicinal herbs to boil and ferment them in order to make a excellent natural soap. Instead of using harmful ingredients such as dyes, artificial fragrances, chemical preservatives, steroids, alcohol, mineral oil, parabens, and benzophenones, they replaced them with only natural and fermented extracts, and have engaged in ceaseless research to make sure that natural components do not conflict one another when combined.
There are total 3 shades from Swanicoco Show The Velvet Lipstick, #Pink Blossom, #Shine Orange, and #Juliet Red. Currently, the only shade is available for sale on 50Gram is #Juliet Red.


What's the key features?
Vivid 3 colors, long-lasting, moisturizing and softening by carnauba wax and natural oils


Ingredients
Octyldodecanol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isoeicosane, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Ci 15850, Ci 45410, Ci 15985, Ci 19140, Ci 15850


Using Swanicoco Lipstick in this story❤️I'm gonna share more details here!

The packaging itself is quite interesting for me as I never had any lipsticks that come with a twist-open design. I thought it was unnecessary but in fact, it helps in preventing spillage and stain all over your bag.

The lipstick below also stated the expire date of the product.

Instead of red, the shade is more close to orange. The texture is super smooth because it contains shea butter and avocado oil. From the swatch above, you might be worried that the shade is too bright and challenging to use, but we will find out later.

Here's my before look without any lip makeup. You can see how sick I look and this shows how important lipstick to me and every girl🤣

When applied on lips, it turns out to be semi-matte look. Compared with usual lipstick, the fine-lines on lips is less visible and moisturize. It was easier to apply even without using lip balm. If you wish to use it in your daily look, you can choose to lightly dab on your lip to create a hint of orange-red shade. For this lipstick, I find the colour were too bold to use as blusher. This is optional but I would suggest blending on your cheek before applying foundation and after that cover it with foundation so you won't get laugh because of "monkey butt" lol.

I don't know whether it's my lips were too dry, it makes my lips look pretty flaky especially when I using the dab method. However, there is no such issue while I applied fully on my lips. I would recommend to use lip balm to moisturize the lips or lip scrub to remove dead skin to get rid of chapped lips.

I'm not a fan of gradient lips so usually I will just apply fully on my lips. I just love how it makes my whole makeup look outstanding and makes my skin fairer at the same time. However, it is not completely smudge proof so it is still transferring.

Overall, this lipstick not just has a great pay off, it is also very pigmented and moisturized. I like how their products are free from harmful chemical ingredients. For me, the only downside was the shade availability and the price itself. Hopefully Swanicoco can bring in more shades in Malaysia. I might need to consider the price(RM88.85) if I want to repurchase as it is higher than some of the famous lipsticks brands in the market. However, as it is a limited edition product, so I guess the price is still acceptable.

It's time to get yours on 50Gram website *click here* and it is available for nationwide delivery!  Just a reminder that Swanicoco Show The Velvet Lipstick only a limited amount of quantity will be sold and once it’s sold out, 50Gram will not restock anymore. Better place your order now~

Thanks for reading and see you guys in next post!


You Might Also Like

0 comments