Food | Afternoon High Tea @ Café Chez Leoniel

September 12, 2017

Bonjour berries! 
I think this is my very first food post for this year haha. I just realize it's been a while since I blog about food. So finally today, I'm going to review a French cafe located in KL. Last few week, I was glad to be invited by Chef Leoniel for visit his cafe to try out their new launch high tea set.

Cafe Chez Leoniel is a well-known cafe with authentic French cuisine & it is located at Alliance Francaise Kuala Lumpur. It might be hard for you to find the place through GPS since it is at the back of the French School. 

I personally prefer the cosy design of this cafe and it just reminds me of my home lol. You can actually see a lot of foreigners sitting here for enjoying a cup of coffee and chit chat with friends.

Now, Café Chez Leoniel has launched it Afternoon High Tea Set. The special highlight of this high tea set is it will change weekly so you might be given different pastries when you drop by. Surprisingly, it is just cost RM75 (2 pax) including 12 pastries that handpicked by chef plus a pot of tea/coffee. It's a great option for you and your bestie to drop by for trying out their pastries!

Let me show you the pastries that I got for each level:
Fruit Panier & Apple Turnover
This is one of my favorite pastries! I strongly recommend it to people who are not a sweet dessert fan and fruit desserts lover. I think that it is not too sweet and the puff has provided a richer taste and superior mouthfeel.

Financiers, Pain Au Chocolat, and Macaroon
I'm not a big fan of Macaroon as most of the macaroon is over sweet but the one in high tea set is fine for me! Unfortunately, Financiers is not my cup of tea as it is hard to bite and tasteless compare with other pastries.

Croissant, Apple Pie, & Quiche Chicken Ham and Cheese
The croissants and apple pie is just so-so for me. However, one of the pastries that have caught my attention is Quiche Chicken Ham and Cheese! I have never tried it before and it just looks like an ordinary egg tart for me. I tried to bite it & to my surprise, it actually contain chicken ham which has enhanced the flavour of it!

Selfie with my favourite pastry hehe! 

With Shannon HAHA! She is so cute right?
She is instagrammer + blogger and she blog about food, beauty and lifestyle. Do check out her blog by clicking HERE!


That's all about my review about Café Chez Leoniel's high tea set! 

For more information,
Café Chez Leoniel
Alliance Francaise Kuala Lumpur,
15 Lorong Gurney,
54100 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: +60176102420
Website: www.leoniel.co

Operating Hours
Tuesday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 6pm
(Sunday, Monday and Public Holiday closed)

Thanks for reading,
xoxo


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Aww... I'm sure is a great place to have a tea session with a group of friends. Will check this place out next week since will back to KL next week <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The setting doesn't look French at all. But the pastries....gosh, I can just imagine sinking my teeth into them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to spend a beautiful noon over high tea like this. Those croissants and macaroons made my day. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Environment is so good to read a novel or even make a blog post!

    ReplyDelete